At Michigan Health Specialists, we're proud to be a complete solution for your healthcare needs. Because we have physicians trained in pediatrics, family care and internal medicine, our offices can accommodate every stage of life for you and your family. Whether you're young, or just young-at-heart, we can provide expert care and health service to you and your entire family.
Patient Centered Medical Home
Our Patient Centered Medical Home is a health care setting that facilitates partnerships between individual patients, and their personal physicians, and when appropriate, the patient's family. Care is facilitated by registries, information technology, health information exchange and other means to assure that patients get the indicated care when and where they need and want it in a culturally and linguistically appropriate manner.
Our Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) is a trusting partnership between a doctor-led health care team and an informed patient. It includes an agreement between the primary care or pediatric doctor and the patient that acknowledges the role of each in a total health care program. Offices are located in Flint, Burton, and Grand Blanc, MI.
As we build your Medical Home you will notice some changes in the way we provide care, but many things will stay the same. You will always be treated as an individual at our Grand Blanc, Burton and Flint family care and internal medicine clinics.
You may notice that:
- We ask what you want to do to improve your health and how you can help us plan your care.
- The care team members are doing more and/or different parts of the care and you are receiving written copies of care plans.
- We remind you when test are due and ask you to have blood tests done before your visit to better plan your visit ahead.
- We are exploring methods to care for you and to help you care for yourself.
We trust you, our patient, to:
- Tell us what you know about your health and if you are willing to take part in planning your care.
- Let us know if you cannot follow the care plan structured for you.
- Bring a list of all medications for each visit.
- Seek our advice before you see other physicians.
- Let us know when you see other doctors and always ask them to send us a report about your care.
- Learn about wellness and how to prevent disease.
- Learn about your insurance so you know what it covers.
- Respect us as individuals and partners in your care.
- Keep your appointment as scheduled, or call and let us know when you cannot. Remember to pay the co-pays and deductibles required by your health insurance.
- Give us feedback to help us improve our services.
We will continue to:
- Provide care given by a team of people led by your physician.
- Respect you as an individual. We will not judgments based on race, religion, sex, age, disability, etc.
- Respect your privacy, your medical information will not be shared with anyone unless you give us permission or it required by law.
- Give the care based on quality and safety that meets your needs when you need it.
- Have a doctor on call 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
- Take care of short illness, long term disease and give advice to help you stay healthy.
- Tell you about your health and illness in a way you can understand.
- To improve your care we are using state of the art technology like our Electronic Health Record and we will strive to continuously improve.
Our Physicians have privileges at Hurley Medical Center, McLaren Regional Medical Center in Flint and Genesys Regional Medical Center. This allows us to manage our patients and their care in a way that is convenient for them and their specific health care needs. We offer Primary Care in Flint, Pediatrics in Flint, Family Care in Flint and Internal Medicine in Flint, as well as Grand Blanc, and Burton, MI. We accept most insurances to include Medicare and Medicaid
With five offices within Genesee County and Lapeer County Michigan Health Specialists is able to care for patients within Grand Blanc, Burton, Flint, Flint Township and the surrounding areas in Michigan. To learn more about our Pediatric, Internal Medicine and Family care services or to schedule an appointment, please contact us at: 810-235-2004.